Saturday, June 21, 2008

Crazy Dream # One

I just had my first crazy dream. I was terrified throughout the whole thing.

I was driving somewhere to visit with my family, but I was with some of my friends from New York, including some of the people I just went on vacation with. We were in my parents' Chevy Blazer, which I drove around last night, and there were almost-empty FunSavers everywhere. Somehow then my parents were driving, and there were children who may or may not have been family members in the car, and me and my friends were in the back. Somehow the car became my childhood best friend's Dodge Caravan.

I thought we were in California. My friend Chris, originally from California, was in the car, and he recommended somewhere that was good to eat. The sky was a crazy red and purple sunset (you will see this on the cover up the upcoming Fleetwood Mac Power Hour, when Chris puts it up on the site), and there were oil mills and windmills and power lines. In general it looked kind of like Kansas from the Wizard of Oz, but also like driving on Interstate 5 in California. I kept falling asleep. When I woke up everyone was at the restaurant. I tried to go to the restaurant to meet them, but you had to travel through this long farmer's market / supermarket / mall structure, and I couldn't find it. I kept crawling under huge plexi sneeze-glass barriers from salad bars. I gave up.

When I woke up again I was at my parents' house. Everyone else was still at the restaurant. I couldn't contact anyone because my phone didn't work, I didn't know where they were or who was coming. I was freaked out. Finally a caravan of cars started driving down the driveway. All of the minivans and SUVs were full of family members and friends, all mixed together in the same cars. It was now dusk. My youngest sister was a young girl again and a bunch of her friends were coming for a crazy costume party, so everyone was dressed up. I wondered who my friends were with. My grandparents were dressed in their Sunday best.

At one point I realized that my friends were all together in the Chevy Blazer, and somehow there was now a parking spot under the front porch that they were pulling into. There was also some sort of retractable net in the front yard, and my brother was playing some sort of trick on them by pulling down the net so that when the car backed up, it would get trapped in the net. Sure enough it happened and I told him to raise the net, this was ridiculous. When the car got out of the net and pulled into the parking spot under the front porch, we discovered some sort of body under the net on a gurney. Apparently this person had been at the restaurant with them, it was one of the celebration party people, but they were all wrapped up like a mummy so I couldn't tell who it was since I'd missed the party. Then a taxi / emergency response unit that was some sort of fuel efficient hybrid vehicle (almost Smart Car-esque) comes barrelling down the driveway and takes the gurney.

There are so many children, playing and dancing everywhere. There's a girl with lime green hair wearing some sort of satin purple dress. It is a party. Me and my friends go into the house. My great-grandparents are still alive, and my great grandmother is still in her usual chair in the kitchen. I give her a kiss on the cheek. Me and my friends go into the basement to explore. My sister is doing some sort of science experiment with her friends and listening to the Buzzcocks. We are walking around and the dirt floor is now concrete, painted and polished. The basement is slightly different and we are walking around with flashlights like explorers. Eventually we reach the other entrance to the basement and leave.

No comments: