Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mac Guy Knows My Pain


I sat there completely indifferent as my boss told me I was going to get a raise and a promotion in a couple of months (I know, boohoo to me).
Quite frankly, this job had given me enough mental and creative abuse to last a lifetime. Plus, all the raise would do was disqualify me for welfare.

It was weird. It was like realizing that you and your bf of five years just weren't right for each other. Like, he was popping the question because he knew something was wrong and thought this would keep you happy. Only, he was really terribly wrong...about everything.

I just nodded--pleased that my backup plan just got sweeter but realizing that my indifference meant that it was absolutely time to leave. Of course I didn't tell her that. I just smiled, thanked her, and slowly grew depressed that I didn't have the revelation sooner. Then, I got more depressed thinking about what a cheap whore I was for taking every promotion/raise bribe that they had thrown at me the past three years.

But then, I returned to my desk and my computer starting singing "I think this place is kiiiiiilling me....slowly. Slooooooowly." I was validated. My computer knew my pain. It was some song on Viva-Radio but I started imagining that it was the Mac guy, inside my computer, singing to me. I would totally stay if they threw the Mac guy at me. Oh, how all would be right with the world if that happened.

TRIVIA NUG--Mac guy was in "Accepted" with our fav Gossip Girl Siren Serena!

No comments: