Saturday, February 23, 2008

My favorite party of all time is tonight

For the last 10 (I think!) years, my old college friend Abby has been throwing the best party of the year in honor of Valentines Day. Loosely organized around a theme (swans, astrology, chocolate, and tonight future tribal "nomadic neuromancer"), they are so incredibly artfully crafty and inspiring. The last time I went was 2006, and it was called Taj Mahal Twilight (see review here).

There were, as per usual, one million varieties of beautiful and delicious treats, extreme decoration hanging from a 20 x 20 section of industrial rafters, a specially made quilt, a smoke machine, a serious dj dance party that lasts all night. Abby told fortunes and hand-printed and assembled a fortune teller book. This party takes about a half-year to organize and create everything for. I hope this really good thing lasts forever.

No comments: